Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vols-au-Vent.... say what?

The September 2009 Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Steph of A Whisk and a Spoon. She chose the French treat, Vols-au-Vent based on the Puff Pastry recipe by Michel Richard from the cookbook Baking With Julia by Dorie Greenspan.


I had some camera issues.... um... who remembered to get new batteries...? *blushes* So no pictures of the process other than baking...

My larger Vols-au-Vent were filled with BBQ Beef and topped with shredded cheese...


My smaller ones... which were fab... were filled with Key Lime flavored no bake Cheesecake and served with Whipped cream and Lime Zest...


Fun challenge... my arms have never been so sore but I will happily make them again...


1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hi there! This was my first month in the Daring Baker's Challenge. I just wanted to stop by and say great job on your v-a-vs. They turned out lovely and the key lime filling sounds delicious!

If you have a minute, check out my post about the challenge at www.mindofagoddess.com.

Happy Baking!! - Val