Friday, June 20, 2008

Your own personal beach...

So... on to the next part of my contribution to the work party...

Beach cupcakes...!



So here they are all together after baking...



These are just German Chocolate cake mix cupcakes. I filled them very full because I wanted a nice rounded top on the cupcake so that I'd have some room to work with them.





Then I frosted them with cream cheese frosting and rolled the tops in graham cracker crumbs.



















Unfortunately... I did not have the foresight to take the left over frosting with me... it would have come in handy for attaching the 'accessories' to the cupcake.


Accessories, you ask?


That's right...


Accessories!


Melted Wilton candy melts were used to make little beach towels and the straps on 'mini' flipflops.


Which were made out of 100 calorie packs of peanut butter cookies and a mini M&M.

Each cupcake was garnished with a towel and a pair of flipflops ... and a paper beach umbrella.

No comments: